Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sometimes, all we need is a little acknowledgement.

I'm tired. Tired of having to rearrange things, tired of having to complete something someone has done halfway, to clean up and dump unwanted things.


Its not that I want to make my life difficult. I do these things because I want everyone to enjoy a better environment, a better working space. Life would be much less complex and relaxed if we need not worry about where we had misplaced our things and where to find whatever we require at that moment.


I'm fine with it if I go solo. As in, I don't mind if no one else helps me. Its really, really alright with me if you'd rather opt to play games or do other things which rank higher in your list of priorities. But I am only human, and I have my limits.


Truth is, I'm fed up.


I don't need to hear grateful choruses of thanks nor do I want to listen to praises sung about me. If that was what I wanted all along then it really isn't worth the trouble I'm going through, is it? It'd be lovely if people could just be a little appreciative :/


Frankly speaking, it would suffice greatly if everyone does their part. Clean up your own mess! You don't have to do it on the day itself, because I know how weary one can get when it comes to seeing a pile of things scattered around at the end of the day, even if we had contributed to it ourselves. Just... get it done somehow.

Because, on my part, I'd feel hugely ashamed when I see something unpleasant I'd created stare back at me. I find it... disturbing. It would embarrass me as much as having spinach stuck between my front teeth, as much as not flushing the toilet after I'm done with it.
To that extent. And mind you, those are some of the most embarrassing scenarios I can think of.


Procrastinating is a trait we all would love to steer clear from, but are helpless when it comes to actually doing it. There isn't a single person in this world who hasn't procrastinated before, be it procrastinating to get a project or assignment done, or when getting ready for school. Its so much a part of humans, that unless we really make an effort, we would not be able to heave this negative trait off our backs.

Stop being lazy, everyone. I'm not in much of a position to complain but I'm really fed up this time.

"If you're not achieving what you had aimed for, you just have to try harder."

This is my philosophy. That's what I say when I hear students sigh about their lack of achievements and decide to give up -- you just have to try harder.

And so, the same goes for procrastination and cleaning up after yourself. It isn't impossible -- you just have to try harder. I'm done saying what i have to say right now, so have a good night, and goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment