Wednesday, February 24, 2010

At the Heart of KL

Farewell, British Council.

After classes today, I went for lunch with my classmates at KLCC.
I ordered lasagné as I craved Italian food. Scrumptious! :9

Yet, the serving size was a tad too generous, I'd say.

I didn't manage to finish it. I feel terribly guilty for that. But I knew full well that should I stomach another mouth of lasagné, the entire portion that I had wolfed down earlier on would come back up.

And that would be very disgusting.

So, after my lunch I walked back to the British Council. I nearly couldn't find my way back! There were roadsigns, DUH, but seeing that I am hopeless at navigating my way around, I did not depend on those fickle things.

It was only then, that I realised that I had much to discover about KL.

I want to walk about the city like a tourist someday. Not travel around in a car, but to just drink in the air and feel everything. I want to do those touristy things, like pose for photos in front of buildings with bad architecture, find my way around using a map (I'd need help for this bit xD) and enjoy the sunshine at the hour of its glory.

This year, I really want to experience life. But I don't want to do those aforementioned things alone. It'd be too dull! And happiness should be shared -- it's only right.

I suppose that I'm a city person, in and out. The concrete jungle beckons at me, and there is something alluring about it. I know this sounds erroneous, but it feels that way to me. The sights of buildings -- designed and crafted by humans, captivate me. More so than God-bestowed nature.

Uh oh, I feel guilty for saying that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment