Monday, February 22, 2010

Time well spent

Good evening, people!! I'm still at TTC.

Tonight I added loads of new words into my vocabulary building exercise.
Which is an awesome thing :D

This time I'm really determined to finish this up -- there'll be no more 三分钟热度 for me anymore! I'm only studying ONE subject, and if I suck at it, then I really don't deserve to live.

That isn't exactly considered being harsh on myself, is it?

Well, today was quite fruitful altogether. I went for classes (my penultimate day!), had a department meeting, decided to have dinner with Hui Sin tomorrow evening, worked on my vocabulary building and performed my duty as a receptionist.

So anyway, I'm really, really nervous about the upcoming seminar. Yikes! Even though I'm a co-speaker, I'm still inexperienced. I know where my level lies. And its not with the cream of the crop. I'll get there someday. Its a vow that I'm making to myself.

I'm currently drinking from a bottle which I hope is mine *praying hard*
It would be exceedingly revolting should it belong to another :X

Tomorrow I shall stay at the British Council for as long as I can, and fully maximise my membership benefits. Its my last chance to use the facilities available there, and I will make sure that I do not waste my parents' money.

It's gonna be my last day there (how time flies!), and I might miss my classmates :)

Throughout the duration of my course, I've met loads of new people, and even though the experience was a memorable one, the course failed to meet my expectations. It was very demanding financially. Uh-uh, not my type :/

Chinese New Year is coming to an end soon. The next big thing that I'll be looking forward to is probably TTC's exam seminar. Its so ironic, isn't it? My being a graduate and attending a seminar. Somehow, I feel underqualified in comparison to others.

But really, there are plenty of heart warming moments from my teaching experience (should it suffice to be considered as experience :/). Its amazing to watch a sleepy student perk up when I begin a story, or see their faces screwed in concentration (this happens VERY occasionally), or even watch their eyes light up when something amuses them. And they are very easily amused x)

What really astounds me is that some of them actually hand in their homework. Naturally, only the minority do so. I always tell them that if they want to make my life difficult, they'd do their homework. But much to my surprise, it doesn't work. I had never handed in my homework when I was a student myself, therefore I'd be foolish to expect that of my students.

I know, I know. I'm such a bad role model x)

That also probably explains why my maths is atrocious; to the extent that I'd need a calculator for everything! Which totally sucks when I don't have a calculator -- where's that bloody phone??! -- PLEASE excuse my language.

Now I'm dreading SPM results day. I don't think that I'll do brilliantly -- I'd never aced government examinations before, and I doubt that I'd do so this time. I didn't really study for SPM anyway, as I was extremely laidback during my secondary school days.

I don't regret my lifestyle then. Not yet.

Till next time, goodbye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment