Sunday, February 21, 2010

恭喜发财, 财源滚来!

I have a big, fat cold sore on my lip.
Which also means that I CAN give you herpes.

Haha!

Yesterday was absolutely fantastic!! It was a great morning with Yeen Yin and Rou Xin, and an amazing day later on with the band buddies. Well, it felt that way to me :)

It was a great deal of fun catching up with them people. Everyone looked different in some way or another. The girls' fashion sense had just zoomed up the meter. Awesome possum! We're finding ourselves already. Soon, we shall all bid farewell to those awkward teenage years and embrace adulthood.

And, yesterday, fond memories resurfaced themselves, and we chattered away as if we'd never been separated. There were no awkward moments, no struggling to find topics, no huge blank pauses.

Distance makes us treasure our friends more.

With everyone going their separate ways soon, it would be difficult, if not altogether impossible to have another reunion or gathering. Those were the days. I already feel a wave of nostalgia. I should have treasured my high school moments more.

It is so ironic that, when we're at school, we crave to get out of it. The bolder ones would play truant whenever opportunity arises, and the rest would just dream about the last bell sounding during morning assemblies.

I want to go back to school. I want to be surrounded by my buddies, have my clarinet available to me whenever I feel like it, hear teachers droning on about history and maths and have curry potatoes during recess to make my day more bearable.

Memory lane...
See what it does to you?

Still, this is life. It is part and parcel of growing up. And however hard we wish to visit Neverland, reality is in our way. It is the hugest obstacle of human life, and hits at us the hardest when we expect otherwise.

***

I'm very very sorry, Karluis. Sorry for ditching you all the time. Things could be better if I could drive. I really have no mode of transportation, but with all that said, I won't be as audacious as to ask for your forgiveness. I don't deserve that!

I have a conscience.

Today I watched Avatar. Like, finally.
The movie was awesome, by the way. Even though its a tad too lengthy for my liking (I need to empty my bladder!)... but Avatar certainly outdoes The Toothfairy. No doubts here!

Too bad I have a curfew today. Well, it wasn't exactly a curfew, just a promise I made to my mom. So tonight I didn't get to have a nice nice dinner. BOO. And this is the result of my being home late yesterday. Which wasn't very late, if you look back at my track record. I was home before 12am anyway. Pfft. Parents!

Classes resume tomorrow and ends on Tuesday. I have an awesome week to look forward to! This is the life, man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment