Friday, May 7, 2010

Cranky's birthday ;)

Hello, world!

I had attended the scholarship interview and it was not that great. Which is bummer because I think that it'd be awesome to get it. The scholarship value is between RM75,000 - RM150,000 and it will hold out till I get my degree in Interior Architecture. So it basically covers four years of my tertiary education, which means that I need not worry about my education needs in future.

Awesome, no?

I have myself to blame if I don't get it because I do not know an ounce about the university, seeing as how I did not bother to find out more, as previously I had no intention to take this offer.

Limkokwing university doesn't exactly make me jump for joy, but what the heck, its education! Furthermore it involves a field which invokes my interest...


Fingers crossed about today's interview! I want to be a degree holder, not just graduate with a diploma *coughAlfacough*. It does not quite cut it, in my opinion.

***

This morning is the last time I'll be teaching my Form 1s and Form 2s, because I'll be going to school starting next week! Therefore I had lunch with those pesky Form 1s at Kanna. Not my treat, of course! Sadly, I don't earn enough per student to be able to treat them to a full lunch.

Dear was only coming back in the evening so instead of rotting away during the afternoon, I corrected papers and did my notes. After something went wrong with my notes, I got pissed and decided to call it a day with my work.

It was Desperate Housewives time!

I boiled laptop television for 3 hours (I think! xD) in the afternoon at TTC's basement! It has a homey feel to it, with the couch and the collapsible workstation. And the SILENCE. Silence is golden at TTC. Even Midas couldn't get the entire TTC to shut up. There is noise in every corner. And that can really get on your nerves.

Today I am in an extra good mood, and I can't put a finger to why is that so. When dear arrived (finally!) I treated him to a chocolate bar to boost those endorphins as he was gloomy over the fact that he had to teach later at night to substitute Soo Ling, who is down with fever.

Then we went to A&W for our long awaited bear meal (my treat for the boyfriend). I heart curly fries and root beer floats! We shared a banana split after that -- it was my VERY FIRST TIME having a banana split, and it tasted absolutely heavenly!


It was just... WOW. It was satisfaction and love rolled into a happy happy day. He entered class looking happier than he did when he arrived, and I went about to find something constructive to do.

What Kai Zhuang and Hua Chern were doing caught my attention ;) ;)

They were making felt items -- Kai Zhuang, a dolphin and Hua Chern, a bright pink handphone pouch adorned with white felt stars. It looked so cool and fun that I decided to join in :D


I decided to make a stuffed felt butterfly. The idea pleased me so, and I began selecting colours to start on my project. I decided to use red and pink for the body... *sews the pieces together*

After a looooonnng time, I was done stuffing my butterfly. I was pretty disappointed to discover that it didn't look like a butterfly. AT ALL! It just looked like a weird shape. So there I was, holding up weird shape at all angles, trying to decide at which angle it actually resembled something, if not anything at all :/

It did not take me long to give up trying to make weird shape look like anything else. It looked plain, sad and pathetic. Glancing over at Hua Chern's progress made me feel like wincing. It was his first project and it looked awesome. His stitches were neat and tidy and mine just... OH WELL LET'S JUST LEAVE IT HERE. Of course he had put in plenty of effort in it. FIVE HOURS is a huge feat and a display of determination for any guy!

Since weird shape was a doomed project, a feeble attempt anyway, I decided to add on stuff to make it look the part better. I gave weird shape two HUGE eyes (they took A LOT of time) and a smiley mouth (an afterthought, because the eyes looked plain scary).


The thing is, weird shape actually looked cute !!!


I'm gonna upload photos of it soon. I promise. Because I gave weird shape to my boyfriend as a gift. And named it Cranky (because of its eyes xD). Dear loved it so much that he began giggling.

A guy. Giggling.

He had to cover his face with a pillow to hide his embarrassing giggly moment. Of course I felt extremely pleased that my poor handiwork was appreciated so much! I then tried hanging Cranky onto my bag and pencil case (out of pure curiosity) and the result was...

FANTABULOUS.


Anyway, the point here is that I sooooo succeeded in cheering him up! What a great feat and accomplishment for today! This is also proof of what a caring and doting girlfriend I can be :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment