Monday, January 25, 2010

When will it be over??

The sad truth is, I hate my job. My 9-6 job.

And so, my day begins at night.

Okay, so evening is more like it. But then again, night gives us a feel of mystery and sends unexplainable waves of thrills down you. Or is that just me??

To answer that question in your mind, should it ever surface, is "No, I don't party." Even though I'd love to. Its a very good stress reliever. But its not for me. Or so I think. If I'm not mistaken, its probably been a week since I'd last sat down with my family for dinner. I feel guilt oozing all over me already.

But, I'm having far to much fun to change my current lifestyle.

I feel really unfilial for staying out till 11pm every night. But then again, its worth it. Every single second after work. Really.

During work, I'll count the hours to lunch time impatiently, then count the hours to 6pm. Six is the magic word. It is the word of the fortnight (pardon the odd time period, because I just happen to be serving a 2 week sentence in the auditing firm) in my dictionary. And somehow, it's miraculous, the way I auto-recharge myself by just stepping into tutor room and drinking in the atmosphere.

You know, I think that I should do something more constructive in future whenever I'm at TTC. Such as reading those thick grammar books or something likewise. If I stopped learning, I'll age. Mentally, that is. But closely tailed physically.

What I don't like about my job is the workload. It seems like I can never finish my job. Because each time I proudly present something completed, I'm given a new pile of work to complete. And that is just daunting. Besides that, I do not get any satisfaction from it. I won't feel accomplished. Not at all. Because those tasks I'm assigned to are much to menial for even me. And that's saying something.

The thing that irks me the most is that I do not get to use my brain at all!!!

That seriously sucks. To those out there in college, embrace your college life. Embrace your youth. And use your brains, for goodness' sake.

Yesterday I went back home at 11pm too. It was tutors day out and we went for a movie and dinner. Then I began my massive printing job. To get 37 copies of literature supplements done. It was an attempt all right. Not a very successful one, however. I almost tore my hair out -- it was just so... infuriating.

On Saturday I met English Department's mystery man Eu Chern. After so long. I went back home at 12.30am on that night because it was pretty hard to refuse Shi Yun's invitation to her house. I didn't have dinner okay, so that was über tempting!!

I feel that my blogging style seems somewhat dictative. How queer. Anyway I really shouldn't procrastinate anymore. I have to get down to correcting my students' essays and homework!! (Note to self: Do it, Stephanie!) The future doctors Say Chiew and Wei Quan are really bad company when I'm trying to de-procrastinate myself! xD

Gosh I'm exhausted. I've maxed myself out for today, and I look forward to... tomorrow evening!!! Haha. Goodnight and goodbye, people. I dread work by the way. God please help me and make this week come to an end soon, so I can kiss my job at the auditing firm goodbye! I wonder how my colleagues managed to stay on for so long, really.

Its amazing you know, once you think about it. They dread it more than I do. They can't wait to go home every single day, but just don't want to be the first to do so. So I willingly take that honour and saunter out of the office at six on the dot. That gives me an adrenaline rush. I know it sounds like its no biggie, but then again, you're not working at an auditing firm. So yeah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment