Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have, a strong distaste towards number-related jobs.

After working at an auditing firm for merely two days, I'm dead set AGAINST being an auditor or an accountant.

My colleagues favorite part of the job is -- are you ready? -- LUNCH HOUR.

WTH right. After going through so many obstacles in obtaining their degrees.

Reality shocked me. All of a sudden, I feel so... näive.

I do not see myself working my ass off like this for a living. The downside of being an auditor is that there are no fixed job hours for you. Everyone enters at the same time, yet leave at different hours. Of course, you're required to work for a minimum of 8 hours a day.

Don't finish your work, don't go home.

Mr. Tee's son is also my colleague. We came in on the same day! Haha. Today Mr. Tee dropped by the office because he needed to smoothen out some problem with his car. My job is very mundane. I'm just doing computer filing, information storage and recording income tax stuff. I hope that I can make it through my two weeks.

I am the least organized person I know, and ironically, here am I doing this job. The job of neat freaks, so I call it. It totally contradicts my character. Look at the English Department stuff and you'll know that I was there. However, I may not necessarily admit that it was my doing! But alot of the mess was my fault xD

Oh well. But I'm learning stuff. So it did not defeat my initial purpose of signing myself up for this terror ride. Okay that line was an exaggeration, full stop. Anyhow, this year is turning out to be better than I'd expected! I feel so... productive. *bigwidesmile*

And every day after work, I'll go to TTC to recharge my human battery. It doesn't take long -- a mere 5 minutes would do the job. I really like my job there, and I'm liking it more by the day :)

Tomorrow I'm on leave from my auditing firm job as I have classes at TTC. My dear Form 3 students. Joy. I hope that the cough won't return. But really, I secretly prefer that class of mine over other classes. That class which made me ill ;)

My to do list is endless. I'd drafted it out whilst waiting for the files to copy this afternoon xD So far I've done nothing on the list. Except for go TTC and find an essay book. Useless book. It doesn't count either. I have notes for 2 forms to be completed by this Friday. And a full time job and part time jobs to cope with.

I wonder how will I manage. I hope I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment