Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Latest happenings


Woots, September baby! :) 

***

I'm doing an internship at an architectural/interior design firm at KL. It's my second week and 7th day there as of today! I'm getting in a lot of exercise and life's great, seriously. Taking the LRT to and fro from work is doing wonders for my stamina (and in due time, my legs, I hope!) and I hope to be fit and trim in no time! I can't wait to bid goodbye to my flabby thighs...maybe I should always take the stairs from now onwards. Hmm.

The best part of working life is you don't bring home any work! As soon as I step foot into my house, a wave of relief, contentment, relaxation and joy envelopes me all at once. It's amazing, really. When I was in college coming home meant little to me. Thoughts like "Shucks. No time for a nap." or "Crap! Submission is in a couple of days and I've only gotten THIS far?!" flash through my mind and they are immediately followed by resentment and anxiety, which almost always makes me bad tempered.

To cope with my internship, I sacrificed my part time tuition teaching job. I would miss it, but the experience I'm getting right now is to kill for. How many first semester students are as lucky as me (or as self motivated as I am -- and no matter how conceited that sounds, it is true to a certain extent) to actually find and get an internship? Not many. My classmates are either busy enjoying life or working to earn extra pocket money. But not me. I am "wise and humble", "industrious", "knowledgeable beyond my years" and "inspiring" after all! There goes my carefully concocted humility.

I'm getting PAID to learn AutoCAD, can you believe that? How awesome is it? But the work I do is tiring and extremely time consuming. I took 2 days average to complete an A1 plan at first, but now I'm getting my speed to around 1 day per drawing! I feel so pleased with my accomplishment. 

Nevertheless, I know I could achieve more if I put my heart to it. I dawdle a lot in office, aimlessly browsing through my mobile Facebook app and checking my emails every hour or so. Haha I need to buck up man. I'm determined to make working life agree with me. We'll wait and see :)


No comments:

Post a Comment