Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcoming 2014

I broke practically all my resolutions for this year already. Bade my supposed health and fitness regime a goodbye with a flying kiss, and that's all water under the bridge now.

Recently I am obsessed with self branding and marketing. So I've created this portfolio site, redesigned my CV and am coming up with my personal business card. It is so hard designing for yourself!!!! I don't know what other designers out there think.

But when I am doing stuff for clients I understand their brief and am able to deliver what they want. The trouble with designing for myself is that I can never make up my mind on what I want. This is the biggest issue of all. I am going nuts. One day I'll be like "Hey I love a modern retro feel!" and another day I'll be thinking along the lines of "Wouldn't it be better to do it minimalist?"

I have been experimenting with different styles for a few months and I still cannot make up my mind. This is for my personal branding stuff. Until I am able to find my desired image, I will not be able to come out with my business card design and start distributing. Yikes.


Okay so that was on my personal development side. On my professional side I am so happy to have cleared my 2013 freelance accounts. Now I can rest peacefully, knowing that no one owes me money anymore. I love doing 3D stuff, but it doesn't mean I'll work for free! I'll not be doing the market and industry any justice by working for free. Here are some of the stuff I did. Next time I'll give a preview of the projects in progress.









This is my 3rd (and last!) internship and so far working has taught me a lot. No regrets choosing this profession, I love my job which includes designing, 2d technical drawings, conceptual development, furniture sourcing and the likes. The company I'm working at offers many opportunities so I'm not complaining.

Next up on my list is my final year project and graduation!!!! Looking forward to what the future holds for me. It's gonna be an exciting year. I'm really happy with the way my life has turned out to be, seeing that it was just a few years back that I was really confused and directionless (I'm still the same, albeit less confused now haha).

Again, still having some small doubts that I should have jumped ship to Computer Science. In my spare time I have been meddling around with some basic coding stuff and I truly think that it might have been a good career choice as well. Anyway that's stuff for the future. I'm already having my hands full dabbling in graphic design. In case you can't tell, I am a person who just cannot sit still doing nothing. So many options, so many opportunities, so little time! If I could, I want to learn everything. Like for real. I wish I didn't stop my music education...

I really don't know what I was doing with my life back in high school. I wasted so many years trying to figure out who I was and what I was to do with my life. I mean, my mind and heart were set on Interior Design but the lack of familial support gave me so many doubts. Now that I've gotten what I want, I'm thinking of testing waters in other areas. If you feel like giving me a slap please restrain ok. I'm...a little confused and very easily excited. A gen Y through and through, I guess.

Okay that's probably enough musings for the day. Gong Xi Fa Cai!


No comments:

Post a Comment