Thursday, July 11, 2013

My sleeping cycle is all messed up

It is one of those rare, wonderful and frequently anticipated rainy nights where I should be deep in slumberland, yet here I am sitting in front of my computer nonetheless.

Day 2 of my semester break:

Woke to a nightmare featuring a killer whale that wanted to make a meal of me and my boyfriend at Sea World. It kept leaping out of the pool snapping its massive jaws, and we ALMOST GOT KILLED. Ran out of Sea World into a shopping mall, only to discover that said killer whale has the ability to transform into human form and track us down on foot. Got so disturbed trying to escape from the killer whale man in my dream that I woke in shock and dared not go back to sleep. I blame this disturbing dream on Vector's pet shark in Despicable Me. I watched that movie before sleeping, and look how it turned out. Yeah, only people like me can get nightmares from watching cartoons. *facepalm*

Had ambitious plans to wash my car after it went for routine servicing -- only to discover that dad got it cleaned at an RM8 car wash. Not too happy with the quality of the wash as I discovered many questionable marks on the roof (most likely to be bird poop), but decided to let it slide due to the amount of work I would have to go through to get it cleaned up (i.e. get the bucket, soap and sponge from upstairs, fill it up, spray the car, clean up the poop, rinse the soap suds, bring the washing equipment back up and clean them -- yeah very troublesome indeed.

So I decided instead to do a round of spring cleaning in my room since well, it has been awhile. I have chanced upon a number of happily settled spiders in several dark corners of my room during the past year. Or longer. Waiting around for nature to take its course wasn't really the best idea, I suppose. Armed with my new buddy, the vacuum cleaner, I think I managed to exterminate the spider population in its entirety. Felt quite pleased with myself until the dust attack that left my eyes and nose watering. Decided to call it a day then. Proceeded to humour myself for the remainder of the afternoon downloading new apps on the iTunes store and updating myself on geek news.

And a few hours ago, I entertained myself watching The Hunger Games. Deeply impressed by Jennifer Lawrence's performance in the film and am hooked to the plot and story. Spent an hour or so soaking it all up. Feeling rather satisfied albeit sleepy at this moment.


Realization #1: I need to do something with my life.

Realization #2: I am probably going to get nightmares again.




1 comment:

  1. At times, when your mind is over occupied with thoughts and its constantly functioning, it is really difficult to get proper sleep. So you should relax your mind and think of goo dthings before sleeping.

    ReplyDelete