Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My First Valentine's Day

And my best, ever!


Actually, the point of Valentine's Day is to spend time with your loved one and cherish each other. So all the material stuff are actually insignificant. Getting 999 roses doesn't mean that your guy loves you more than a girl who only received kisses.

To those out there who don't have a Valentine, its okay :) Don't be unhappy, because God wants you to wait for the right one. Then you will be able to love, cherish and appreciate them better than you can now.



My boyfriend is so awesome. And I am so not. But he doesn't mind, being the sweetheart he is. And thanks to him, I'm the happiest person alive right now!

We had a great dinner at The Windmill tonight. And no, we didn't make any reservations! Hehe..lucky us! Behold, our meal! (Let the pictures talk for now)

Cupid's Prawn and Honeydew Cocktail

Sharkfin and Crabmeat Soup


My boyfriend's cheese-covered, VERY expensive lobster main course.

It was definitely worth the price! ;)

Love Bird (Mine!)
(Oven-baked Tiger Prawns with Honey Baked Spring Chicken)


Love Indulgence (Honey Brownie)


Black Knight
(Black Coffee with Hearty Chocolate)




We got a teddy bear each too!
A gift favour courtesy of The Windmill.

***

My evening was full of surprises and firsts.

I received flowers for the first time ever. And its his first time giving them. Hearing his flower purchasing antics was pretty amusing!

So, I had my first candlelight dinner. AWW AWW AWW!

Got a surprise gift! My dear is so crafty! xD

It is a stuffed beanie pillow which I just mentioned in passing one day that I would like to have. I'm so touched that he remembered *sniff*

But the expense! Each time I think about how much he had splurged I feel kinda bad. Luckily I chipped in for dinner~ at least he doesn't have to foot the bill. I like to pay for my share since it is not fair to let guys pay for everything. Also, I'm working! So its not like I can't afford it.

I spent loads of time snapping photos of my roses and admiring them from all angles after transferring the bouquet into my makeshift vase. I don't even have a flower vase! *embarrassed giggle*

Awww :)

3 roses mean....

Beautiful up close!

Nice vase, gorgeous roses!

The wrapping

***

Felt so happy today! It's really the thought that counts. And my darling boyfriend put so much thought into today that I'm just, touched. And pleased. The gifts and surprises are icing on the cake.

Happy happy! I feel so loved~


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment