Monday, March 14, 2016

Thank you for the journey

Six years is a long time to be with someone. You learn a lot about that person, growing together, accompanying each other through life's milestones. But sometimes, despite our best efforts, things sour up. Circumstances change. People change. Like a caged animal, the limits of the metal bars are claustrophobic, it restrains and drains one emotionally. When the pieces left from a relationship consist of resentment, frustration, unmet expectations; the deep scars etched in the depths of our beings spell no turning back. Hence that chapter of my life came to an end.

I am still doing plenty of soul searching. There is a strong need in me to explore more, discover the depths and layers to myself and learn more about my desires in life, what fulfills me, what gives me happiness and how I can deal with and manage my rising expectations. It would probably be easier to label myself selfish, and we can do that. Truth is, I can't see myself settling down right now. I don't settle. I always up my game. I want more, need more and until I break through the glass ceiling that spells out my limitations and dictates that I am not enough, I will not be contented.

Pursuing something that is well past its due will only leave us broken and lost. Thank you for the journey, but this is for me. I need this for my sanity, to feed the hunger in my soul. I hope someday you can understand, the ambition and drive within me can't be tempered. Its embers will always glow, waiting, waiting for that right moment for the wind to blow it into a roaring blaze.

3 comments:

  1. I too soul search :) Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you are looking smart, sexy, and healthy really. it is nice to hear that you are doing a unique yoga. But i also like sports to entertain myself and keep my muscles strong:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to your soul mate search. but i don't think you need to search for it. What is made for you usually comes to you so mo need to worry for that.

    ReplyDelete