Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A long stretch of holidays is hard to come by...

...when you're no longer a student.

Missing my mid-sem breaks so so much. Feeling nostalgic again. I can't really say that I missed my semester breaks, seeing how I jumped up at every opportunity to do an internship when I was a student. Bit stupid of me, really. I have no idea why I worked so hard. I slaved away at 3 internships and a tutoring job throughout my college years whenever I had the chance. As a result, I developed a solid work ethic and honed my skills to claim the coveted Chancellor's Award, but that's all history now. No one really cares about your CGPA pointer or achievements when you enter the workforce. My hair loss problem, however, has persistently followed my through those years and has not seen any noticeable improvement despite my increasingly desperate attempts of rescue. In short, it's NOT worthwhile.

I like to think that I am making up for my previous sacrifices now, having landed a great job that offers me the idealized work-life balance. Whilst the initial learning curve was steep, I am now pretty good at what I do, and generally lead a stress-free life. What's better, my company is on a one week break this week! The staff who've been working there for some time are headed to snowing Beijing for a well-deserved trip, and me and the other folks who hasn't been there quite as long get a nice holiday. This is in addition to our annual leave! A fantastic arrangement, I'd say. Good time to get my last minute Christmas shopping done and scout for some good shopping deals (MUST. BUY. BEFORE. GST)!

For those who think that life after graduation gets harder, I beg to differ. Unless you're in architecture, then it is only expected (having gone through that, I feel you). After I stopped chasing mountains, I discovered contentment. I treasure the time I spend together with my family, and I am immensely blessed that I do not have to move to other parts of the country to find work like many of my peers. Counting my blessings and looking forward to a warm and joyful Christmas!

Merry Christmas and good tidings to you :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! so heart touching. This remembers me the true story about one of my best friend's sister. She was just in the same situation. But thanks God, she is now very much fine with their husband.

    ReplyDelete