Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy weekends!

It doesn’t take plenty to lift my spirits. A good rest, a great book, shopping, food, personal projects and precious alone time formulate my typical weekends.

I’ve stopped reading for a few months as I was focusing on my website project. If you’re interested, here’s the link. Now that it’s up and running, I need to shift my focus to new targets. My inability to keep still and not do anything is still as infuriating as ever, and it has left a trail of half-baked projects that I am not too keen to see to completion. Mostly because I have tired of them or think that they are not worth completing. So anyway, back to my reading. It’s been quite a long hiatus so I am extremely glad to pick up a solid paperback and thumb my way through it.


Read of the week: Public Secrets by Nora Roberts

Thoroughly enjoyed it and cried buckets over the book. Heaven knows why I am built like that. I tear up so easily and it is so frustrating. But it was a good read, and offered some insight for me about domestic violence. I have never really understood the way victims thought, and why would they stay with their abusers. It was enlightening though painful to mentally live through those moments. 


Splurge of the week: Hair care items

I decided to give my crowning glory some TLC and purchased a bottle of hair repair treatment (Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hair Repair, RM29.90) and some hair vitamins (Ellips Hair Vitamin with Ginseng & Honey Oil, RM8.42) from Watsons. Hoping to see some results before I jetset off to Bali with my family in November!

For someone who is averse to greens and practices a sedentary lifestyle, thinning hair is the first of many trade-offs. I keep telling myself I will start living healthy when I am 25 as an excuse to procrastinate my fitness regime. I am the bane of my own existence.

Did some window shopping today and felt such a strong pull to get a new watch to replace my 7 year old Swatch. This Daniel Wellington trend has caught me bad and I am totally enraptured. I want one so so bad. I am a sucker for trends and stuff. Better a follower than an outdated person, I guess, since I’m not particularly fashion forward. I’m more like the girl who would rather gain an hour of sleep than doll up in front of the mirror on most days. Don’t get the point of caking my face in makeup and dressing up to impress. If I dress up, I do so because I want to feel good. Or if there’s a high possibility a photo will be taken of me. Still vain to some extent, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Hi stephanie! i know you love reading just as much as i do, its something we have in common. really love you girl and your efforts. keep up the good work and the positive vibes :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you one should give some time to oneslef. We are always too busy in week days that it is not possible to spare time for ourselves but weekend is the best time to take care of your skin and hair. I usually go for cocnut oil its best for hair and skin both.

    ReplyDelete